Junk drawers are the catch all for small things that no longer have an appropriate place, such as keys, nuts, bolts, screws, crayons and much more. The key to cleaning this stash is not to throw things away, but find another purpose for the forgotten items.
Following are two crafts to that make use of the abyss that is the junk drawer.
Junk Drawer Wind Chimes
Materials needed: jewelry wire, wire cutters, metal lid for balance, drill
Find items in your drawer that will clink and clang together without breaking. Add ornamental or decorative pieces, such as mixed matched earrings or broken jewelry for flare, and whimsy.
- Drill holes around the outer edges of the metal lid.
- Feed jewelry wire through holes, hanging decorative items, and junk drawer findings at different lengths.
- Find a spot for maximum wind exposure, and enjoy.
Purchase a brand new picture frame, or repurpose and give life to a new one.
Materials needed: Picture frame, craft glue, acrylic paint, and junk drawer items
- Paint the frame with one to two coats, and let dry. Remove the glass before getting started.
- With craft glue, add junk drawer findings, along with additional craft embellishments.
- Add the perfect picture.