- Add Fresh Flowers – Tish of The Pink Tea Rose Events suggests adding fresh, bright floral arrangements should do the trick. And they scream spring!
- Cook – Try making desserts you generally reserve for the spring/summer months, like lemon or key-lime pie. They’re light and fluffy with just enough yellow or green to evoke nice spring thoughts.
- Brighten up – Paint a piece of furniture, or a single wall with light, clean, or natural color. Colors inspired by nature are key.
- Add slip covers – Covering a dark sofa or chair, with slip covers or fabric can easily add a touch of spring to any room.
- Swap out – Replace heavy duty dark rugs for bright or patterned throw rugs.
- Change the scent – Just as cinnamon, apple and pumpkin scents during the winter put us in a holiday mood, light scents such as fresh cotton, or linen induce spring. Tish suggests melon and citrus frangrances to brighten the senses.
What minor changes do you make to invite spring into your home?
Previously posted on MyBlogalicious, by LaTonya Richardson.